Halva is one of my FAVORITE sweets from childhood, and definitely has carried into today 😉 It is a sweet sesame treat and when paired with chocolate… it is to DIE for!
Here is a recipe for one of my favorite treat combos ever… and the best part? It’s pretty darn clean 😉 Flourless, decadent but also really light. Dark chocolate, halva… what more could a gal ask for?
– 1 1/2 cups of dark chocolate
– 1 tbs cacao
– 1/2 cup coconut oil (I used a coconut oil/ghee blend for this one)
– 1/2 cup coconut sugar
– 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 cup halva
1. Preheat oven to 35o degrees
2. Melt dark chocolate for about a minute in the microwave or double boiler. Add coconut oil and cacao, and stir well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix coconut sugar, yogurt, egg, vanilla, baking powder, and pinch of salt.
4. Slowly stir chocolate into larger mixture.
5. Spray an 8×8 pan with coconut oil, and pour mixture in.
6. Sprinkle halva bits around top of mixture and drag around with a knife.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until top doesn’t jiggle 😉
Let cool and serve! *Pro tip – Try not to consume entire confection in one sitting 😉