I have tried countless banana bread recipes over the years and let me tell you- this one is a WINNER! I was going to make into my traditional banana bread pan, and then my husband said- hey, why don’t we make it in the muffin tin? And what a genius move that was… lol but really, it’s true! This is one of the simplest banana bread recipes I’ve ever made, and also one of the fastest-baking, because of the muffin tin size. They also happen to be gluten free, dairy free, and with no added sugar. These muffins are perfect for dessert, a breakfast treat, or snack 😉
*Banana tip – I usually buy a bunch of bananas, and as they brown, I peel and freeze them. A key factor to note if using frozen bananas for banana bread, is to let them defrost in the fridge or room temperature, and then to drain them of the excess liquid that comes when they defrost.
– 3 very ripe bananas (frozen & drained, or fresh)
– 2 eggs
– 2/3 cup applesauce
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 1/2 cup oat flour
– 3/4 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/3 cup honey
– dash of cinnamon (as much as you like)
– dash of salt
– 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash bananas and stir in remaining wet ingredients (honey, applesauce, vanilla).
3. Stir dry ingredients separately (except for chocolate chips).
4. Stir dry ingredients into wet, and then fold in chocolate chips.
5. Spray a muffin tin with oil spray, and fill each about 3/4 of the way with batter.
6. Bake for about 15-20 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).