Since a good cup of tea is one of my favorite ways to start the morning, or end the evening after dinner, I LOVE to pair it with some lightly sweet biscottis – aka the perfect dunking cookie 😉 This recipe is made with coconut sugar, and adds a really delicate touch to your traditional biscottis. Dip in tea, add to an ice cream dish, or just snack on plain!
– 2 cups flour
– 4 tbs room temperature earth balance (or butter or coconut oil!)
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup coconut sugar
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 1/2 tsp almond extract
– touch of pink sea salt
– 1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Using a stand mixer, beat earth balance and sugars until well combined, add eggs, vanilla and almond extract.
3. In separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking powder
4. Add flour mixture to wet mixture, mix until just combined.
5. Take mixture out, and roll in almonds.
6. Make 2 long logs (just under the length of your baking sheet) and flatten tops slightly.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes.
8. Then take them out, let cool and slice into biscottis. If you like the texture, you can eat these as is, or put back in the oven for about 5-10 more minutes.
Voila! Enjoy 🙂