With Hanukkah just around the corner, I’ve been prepping with my annual latke dishes (aka experimentations) and found this KICK ASS beet and sweet potato latke recipe 😉 I used Love Beets smoky shredded BBQ beets which added a rich bodied flavor combined with the sweetness of the sweet potato… YUMMMM! These were a huge hit in our house and I hope you enjoy them just as much 🙂
Beet, Kale & Sweet Potato Latkes
(yields about 24 small latkes)
– 2 packages Love Beets smoky shredded BBQ beets
– 1 medium sweet potato (grated)
– 1/2 cup shredded kale
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup flour (or you can use cornmeal for a GF option)
– pink Himalayan sea salt
– dash of olive oil
1. Preheat oven t0 425 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg, add olive oil and salt (use your judgement depending on how salty you like your latkes!)
3. In a large bowl, mix beets, flour, sweet potato, and kale.
4. Stir in egg mixture to beet mixture.
5. Spray two large baking sheets with oil & spoon 12 heaping spoonfulls of mixture onto each baking sheet. (flatten slightly with back of spoon)
6. Bake 10 minutes on 2 racks, then switch baking sheets and bake an additional 10-12 minutes.
*optional sprinkle with sea salt as soon as they come out of the oven.
Voila! Enjoy when slightly cooled plain or with sour cream 😉 Happy holidays to all!!