As we enter the chillier months, I am always trying to concoct another “hot meal” for cooler weather! And easy meals to just throw together are of course my favorite… this one is about a 3 on a scale of 1-5 easy meals (1 SUPER easy – 5 more prep work involved). I have been cooking with a variety of gluten free pastas and I have found some faves! One is a gluten free brown rice lasagna pasta which is both delish and has a great texture – which can sometimes be a problem with these gluten free pastas! The brand that I am currently in love with is Tinkyada – which I found at my local whole foods, but I have read up online that they can be found in many groceries and stores like Target and Wal mart!
Brown Rice & Cauliflower Lasagna
– 1 package brown rice lasagna noodles (or any gluten-free pasta of choice)
– 1 jar of your fav pasta sauce (or homemade tomato sauce- so easy!)
– 2 cups mozzarella cheese
– 2 cups room temp riced cauliflower (make your own or many stores are now carrying pre-packaged!)
– protein of choice (I used a soy veggie crumble mix)
– black pepper
*also, I happen to run out of kale! but feel free to throw bunches of greens in there between the layers 😉
1. Cook brown rice lasagna noodles according to package
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. In a deep baking dish, layer lasagna noodles with 1/4 parts of the following: sauce, cauliflower, protein, and cheese, for 4 layers total.
4. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Broil on high for an additional 5 minutes.
Add fresh pepper and voila! DEELISH