So I had to ask myself the question- what to do with all this homemade fresh roasted pumpkin puree??? And then I thought… do I even need to think twice about it? Obviously some baked good with pumpkin & chocolate… DONE!
So with a little help and inspiration from @makingthymeforhealth‘s blog, I decided to take a shot at her oat flour chocolate chip pumpkin muffins… and they were so so goooood 🙂 See my additions/variation of this recipe below:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Flour Muffins
– 1 cup pumpkin puree (see my recipe here to make from scratch- super easy!)
– 1/2 cup maple syrup
– 2 eggs
– 1 tbs vanilla
– 2 tbs coconut oil (in liquid form)
– 1/4 cup almond milk (can be either vanilla or plain)
– 2 cups oat flour (I used King Arthur Flour)
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (you can buy this blend ready, or just mix cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, & allspice)
– 1/2 cup miniature dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line muffin pan (for 12 muffins) with coconut oil spray.
3. Mix together wet ingredients. Then add in dry ingreients, saving chocolate chips for last.
4. Pour into each muffin tin about 2/3 of the way full.
5. Bake for approx. 20 minutes.