Fallllll- my FAVORITE season! And if you’ve spent a crisp fall day in New England, you know why it’s a favorite around here 😉 As I am forever taking in all that is fall, experimenting with new recipes, and re-inventing old ones, I came up with this flavorful and easy Oat Flour Apple Pie.
Oat Flour Apple Pie
– 2 large granny smith apples (cored and sliced VERY thinly- this is important!)
– 1/2 cup sweetener (I used brown sugar for FALL 😉 but you can use coconut sugar or whatever your prefer)
– 3 tbs honey
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 1 egg
– 3/4 cup oat flour
– 1/2 cup earth balance (room temp super soft or melted slightly, sometimes I use coconut oil or olive oil)
*coconut oil spray for dish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix thin sliced apples with brown sugar and 1 tbs honey.
3. Pour into pre-oiled pie dish (used coconut oil spray).
4. Whisk together egg, cinnamon, earth balance, and other 2 tbs honey.
5. Add oat flour in and mix.
6. Pour mixture over apples. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
7. Bake for 35-40 min.
SO easy!! Enjoy with your favorite ice cream 😉