This latte is PERFECT for a crisp fall morning or afternoon. You can use fresh ingredients or spices. Spices are what I had on hand so that’s how I adapted this recipe.
This is a 2 part recipe- for the turmeric chai mix, and then you can add the second part below to make it a latte. The mix can be used for baking, cocktails, mulled cider, etc…
Turmeric Chai Latte*
Ingredients for mix:
– 2 cups water
– 1 tbs turmeric
– 1 tsp ground ginger spice
– 1 tsp ground clove spice
– 1 tsp ground cardamom
– 1 tbs cinnamon
– 2 orange, black or chai teabags (I used an orange licorice tea)
– 2 cups almond milk per serving (or milk of choice)
Instructions for mix:
1. Mix 2 cups of water with spices in a small pot and bring to a med-hi boil. Once boiling, reduce to medium for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, and add 2 teabags. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. In a medium sized bowl, strain mixture through, toss teabags. Add 2 tbs honey or agave and stir.
4. Let cool and you can jar this and keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks to stay fresh!
To make the latte:
4. While mixture is sitting off the heat, pour almond milk into another small pot and bring to a medium boil.
5. Watch the almond milk and whisk it to keep it from curdling. Should be ready & steamed in about 3-4 minutes.
6. When almond milk is at desired “latte” consistency; pour 1/4 of turmeric chai mixture into your favorite mug. Using a spoon to hold back the foam, pour milk slowly over it.
7. Garnish with a bit of turmeric powder or cinnamon stick and voila!
*recipe adapted from CookingLight magazine