End of Summer/ Labor Day weekend is a great time for us to enjoy and bask in the last of the “quiet” of end of summer before things get hectic 😉 We were fortunate enough to get a quick getaway into Vermont which was very relaxing and MUCH needed!
Vermont is one of my FAVorite destinations in the northeast, especially in summer and fall. It is so lush and green, the weather usually better than Boston (believe it or not in the summer- it can be warmer up there!), the food is excellent, not to mention the beer and ciders as well! Vermont also has a sentimentality for me, as I grew up in Denver and always had beautiful views of the mountains. It is of course different, but still reminds me of home. We love the mountains, and went to Vermont on our post-wedding minimoon last year, so it brings many good memories every time we visit! During this quick trip we were able to get to some of our favorite restaurants and sightseeing experience:
– The Reservoir restaurant in Waterbury: a great place to stop, get a delish burger and craft beers
– American Flatbread at Lareau Farm: a destination! Campfires, outdoor games, beautiful views, clear skies for stargazing, great beer list, flatbreads are of course delicious, and overall experience is on point!
– The Skinny Pancake: in Burlington & Montpelier
Fun, must-see destinations:
– the Cabot Cheese Annex & Lake Champlain chocolates
– King Arthur Flour: you never knew you had so many options for baking! So much fun
– Pete’s Greens of Vermont: for some great fresh local products and to see their cute farm animals
– Cold Hollow Cider Mill – for cider donuts, cider slushies, and just about anything fall/cider you can imagine!
Other favorites of ours:
– Boyden Valley Vineyards on the farm
– Magic Hat Brewery
– Stowe mountain hiking trails
– Ben & Jerry’s Factory – duh
– Sunsets over Lake Champlain in Burlington
Coming back was hard! But just more reason to look forward to another beautiful drive up hopefully in full-fledged fall 😉 Hope you all had a beautiful Labor Day Weekend and welcome to September fellow Virgos!