Fresh Fig Jam
– 1.5 lbs fresh figs
– 1 lemon
– 1-2 tbs maple syrup
1. Wash & quarter all the figs
2. Put figs in a high heat pot with the juice of 1 lemon, let cook on high for 3-4 minutes.
3. Using a potato masher, go through and mash all the figs down, reduce heat to med-high for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add maple syrup (as sweet as you want it, I use 1 tbs and then add another at the end if needed).
5. Reduce heat to med-low for about 20 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally.
6. Turn off heat and let fig jam cool in pot. When it’s cooled off, can in a mason jar and refrigerate for up to 1 week.