Summertime summertime! When the weather is hot, humid, and just plain yuck sometimes- what better to have than an ice cold snack to cool you off? I find that especially as a runner, popsicles are the magic post-run snack in summertime. The icy coldness cools you down, and by eating a popsicle, you are taking your time, slowly ingesting nutrients to let your body cool off, slow down, and get the vitamins and nutrients you so need after a hot and sweaty workout. Teaming up with Love Beets and Organic Girl, find out deets of the contest here, and below is an easy recipe for Spicy & Savory ice pops! A super tasty and fun twist on your traditional popsicle 😉
– 1 package of sweet fire love beets
– 3 handfuls super spinach
– 1/2 cup water
– 1 cup water
– tabasco (or your favorite hot sauce)
1. Blend beets, 1/2 cup water, and a few dashes of tabasco.
2. Line bottom 1/3 layer of ice pops with beet mixture (stick in popsicle stick after you pour). Put the rest of mixture in the fridge.
3. Freeze ice pops for 20 min.
4. Blend spinach, 1 cup water, and a few dashes tabasco.
5. Pour middle third layer of popsicles with spinach mixture. Put the rest of mixture in the fridge.
6. Freeze ice pops for 20 min.
7. Add more beets or spinach layers in turn, freezing for 20 minutes in between each time.
8. Let final product freeze overnight and voila! Spicy & Savory popsicles