The thing I LOVE about frittatas is how easy they are, how fast they cook, and how they are full of all the good stuff- protein, veggies, and flavor! This dish is perfect for a weekend brunch, or really any day 😉 This is a twist on my baked Mexican frittata, but this is pan cooked and with a few different ingredients.
*Note: I use Trader Joe’s “soyrizo” for my sausage. It is super flavorful- so I don’t add any spices to this recipe. If you use a plain sausage, add salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and red pepper flakes to taste 😉
Kale & Soyrizo Fritatta
– 6 eggs
– 2 cups kale, chopped
– 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
– 1 tbs olive oil
– 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
– 2 tbs cream cheese
– 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
– 1 cup crumbled sausage of choice (I used Trader Joe’s soyrizo)
1. Heat olive oil in a med-large non-stick pan on medium heat on stovetop.
2. Add onion & kale and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. While sautéing, whisk eggs in a large bowl, and add all other ingredients. Mix together.
4. Pour egg mixture over kale & onion and cover. Cook for about 20 minutes on medium-low heat.
Voila! How easy was that?? And it’s so yum!! Have a great day everyone!