One of my favorite ways to get creative is to figure out what to do with leftovers 😉 I threw this together this weekend and was pleasantly surprised at how easy and yummy it was! This was actually made out of leftover chicken skewers that I had about 2 cups of chicken left over. I added zucchini, onion, salsa verde, and white beans to the mix and well- a leftovers treat was born! Always fun to get creative and of course helpful to make use of leftovers 😉
One-pot Chicken Chili Verde
– about 2 cup of leftover chicken, chop or shred it
– 1 tbs olive oil
– 1 tbs homemade garlic paste (or 1 clove garlic smashed)
– 1 zucchini chopped
– 1 onion chopped
– 1 can cannelloni/white beans
– 1 cup chicken stock
– 2 cups tomatillo/salsa verde (store bought or make your own!)
– corn tortilla chips & fresh cilantro to garnish
– salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large pot on the stovetop, heat olive oil to med-high heat.
2. Add zucchini and onion and let sweat out.
3. Add garlic, chicken stock and salsa verde and bring to a boil for a few minutes.
4. Add beans and chicken and reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste, and fresh cilantro to garnish. Goes great with corn tortilla chips! Enjoy 🙂