My FIRST attempt at one of my favorite things- salsa verde! And lemme say… I was pleased 😉 Inspired by a trip to Boston’s Haymarket this morning where I stumbled upon fresh delicious tomatillos and jalapeños, I decided to give it a go. Recipe below, perfect for this gorgeous summer weekend or anytime 😉 ps – link to homemade tortilla chip recipe here!
– 10 fresh tomatillos
– 1/2 onion
– handful fresh cilantro
– 1 tsp salt (add more if needed)
– juice of 1 small lime, or 1/4 lemon (I actually only had a lemon on hand and it came out delish! but lime is traditional 😉
– 1-2 jalapeños with tops cut off (depending on how spicy- I put two in and it was hot! but sooo yum!)
1. Place tomatillos and jalapeños in a glass baking dish (to catch the juices) as is- no oil.
2. Let oven heat on high broil for a few minutes, then put dish in.
3. Broil for about 10 min, flip over each tomatillo/jalapeño and broil an additional 10 min. They should be blistered and orange spotted, and a bit burned but not blackened all over.
4. In a large blender, blend all ingredients.
Let cool (if you can wait!) and ENJOY!
*Great for chips and salsa, chilaquiles, or as sauce for tacos/burritos 😉