Ok, y’all know I’m a HUGE fan of buckwheat, so I’m always trying new buckwheat/pancake recipes. I LOVE this one- because it is pure, simple, and just so easy to whip up to make any morning a special one 😉 Also, I happen to be just out of eggs when I was craving these, so this is an egg-less, vegan recipe!
Ingredients: (makes 6 medium sized pancakes)
– 2/3 cup organic buckwheat flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk
– 1/4 cup canola or coconut oil
* you will need a large flat pan or I like to use a nonstick griddle
* fresh fruit & maple syrup for topping
1. Whisk all ingredients together, set aside.
2. Spray pan with coconut oil spray, let heat up to medium heat.
3. Drop 2-3 large dollops of mixture on pan, and spread around with back of spoon until they are about 3 inches wide. (increase pan heat slightly if needed)
4. When they start to bubble, using a wide spatula, flip pancakes over.
5. When both sides are golden brown, they are ready! They only take about 4-5 minutes to cook.
6. Serve immediately with fresh blueberries (my favorite), and delish Vermont maple syrup 🙂 Enjoy! *see additional tips below
– if you have an egg and eat them, go ahead and throw one into the mixture.
– some other great add-ons are: mashed banana (see here), dropping blueberries into wet mixture on griddle (or other chopped fresh fruit), coconut flakes, chocolate chips, or peanut butter… YUMMMAY
– to make pancakes SUPER fluffy, add another 1/2 tsp of baking powder, and 1/4 tsp baking soda