So we all know how deliciously amazing shakshuka is… and so I thought, why not experiment and make it my favorite color- GREEN! Ok so here goes, super easy and delish (as most of these recipes are- HA), protein and veggie packed, also naturally gluten-free! Enjoy friends! And Happy Mother’s Day!
*p.s. this dish is cooked best in a cast-iron skillet, but if you don’t have one, modify the recipe to just cook in an oven casserole dish for 30 min on 350 degrees!
– 1 16oz jar of fresh tomatillo salsa (I love the whole foods 365 organic brand)
– 4 eggs
– 3 cups chopped kale
– 1 tbs olive or coconut oil
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– in cast-iron skillet on stovetop, sauté kale in oil for about 3 min on medium heat
– add tomatillo salsa
– make 4 indentations with back of large spoon for eggs, crack eggs into each indentation
– cook in oven abut 20 min
– then turn oven to high broil for about 3 min
Remove from oven, add a touch of fresh ground pepper and cilantro. Enjoy!