Looking for a tasty and easy Mother’s day brunch idea? Look no further! These egg-chiladas are delish, protein-packed, full of veggies, and also gluten free! And who doesn’t like enchiladas for breakfast?? 😉 They are also very easily made vegan!
– 4 small corn tortillas at room temperature
– 4 eggs (or 1/2 block tofu for scramble)
– 1 cup red enchilada sauce (I like to use the Frontera brand from Whole Foods, and Trader Joes makes a great one too!)
– 2 cups spinach greens
– 1 tbs mexican spice blend
– 1 tbs olive oil
– 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or vegan cheese substitute, or nutritional yeast)
– cooking spray
1. Whisk eggs together with olive oil and spice blend
2. Cook scrambled eggs on stovetop medium heat- for a soft scramble. Remove from heat.
3. Spray an 8×8 glass dish with cooking spray. Divide egg mixture into 4 parts.
4. Scoop one part of egg mixture into each tortilla. Roll each tortilla and lay it on the fold side down into the pan.
5. Drizzle enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Sprinkle cheese on top.
6. Lay greens all around the edges of the dish. Broil in oven on high for 5 minutes.
Serve with fresh fruit and coffee! Enjoy 🙂