This breakfast treat has all the essentials- oats, banana, yogurt, maple syrup and chocolate! I like to bake this the night before, and then slice it out as breakfast slices or mid-morning snacks for the week. You can bake it bread form (shown here), or muffins, brownie style, etc! It’s delicious, nutritious, and has no added sugars or flours 😉
Oatmeal Yogurt Banana Bread
– 3 very ripe bananas
– 2 eggs
– 1 c thick vanilla yogurt (my preference is Siggi’s, or you can use a greek yogurt)
– 2 c rolled oats
– 1/4 c good maple syrup
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 c dark chocolate chips
*optional 1/4 c crushed walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash bananas in a large bowl.
3. Mix bananas with eggs, yogurt and maple syrup. Set aside.
4. In separate bowl, mix oats, baking powder, and baking soda.
5. Fold oat mixture into banana mixture.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Spray a bread pan with coconut oil and pour mixture into pan.
*optional sprinkle walnuts on top.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes until edges are golden brown and toothpick comes out clean from center.