Cauliflower! My amazingly versatile and delicious friend! Cauliflower rice, mash, pizza, grilled, sautéed, boiled- it’s all so yum! I have had my way with this recipe a few times before, and now think I have finally perfected it 😉 AND its ‘s perfect for passover!! Seriously- Passover and cauliflower go hand in hand… duh ;p
So here it is, as well as some tips:
– 1/2 large cauliflower (grated or processed in blender or food processor)
– 1 c plus 1/4 c shredded mozzarella
– 1/4 c grated parmesan
– 1 egg
– 1/2 pizza sauce or 1/2 c small chopped fresh tomatoes
– handful spinach
– 2 tbs chopped olives
– red pepper flakes to taste
– salt & pepper to taste
– sprinkle of basil
Instructions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Place processed cauliflower in microwave about 6-7 minutes (until soft). Let cool.
2. Mix cauliflower with 1 c mozzarella, 1 egg, parmesan, and touch of salt & pepper.
3. Bake on parchment lined sheet for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven. Spread tomato sauce, 1/4 c mozzarella, olives, spinach, red pepper flakes, basil, and fresh ground pepper.
5. Put back in oven for another 10 minutes.
– best crust is a finely processed cauliflower- so use a blender or food processor
– for a firmer crust, only microwave cauliflower about 3 minutes.
– let crust bake about 15 min or until crust gets golden brown
– let pizza cool a bit before serving or else its really gooey (but I love eating this with a fork!)
– place 2 more handfuls of spinach on top of cooked pizza to make it a pizza salad, also super yummy!
– other yummy toppings include: chopped zucchini, sliced tomatoes, or sliced mushrooms
– just process the whole cauliflower head, use 1/2 for this recipe and the other half the following evening for cauliflower fried rice – recipe coming!
– you can freeze this and reheat via oven for a tasty snack later
– this can easily be made vegan! use a vegan cheese such as daiya in place of the mozzarella, and use a “flax egg” in place of an egg