Lavender has always been a favorite ingredient of mine, it is always such a source of calm and relaxation in candles, bath and body products, and now food of course 😉 This scrumptious recipe for Lemon Lavender Scones will both impress and deliciously delight for a breakfast, brunch, or tea time. And they’re vegan too!
– 2 cups flour
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 2 tbs dried lavender
– 1 tbs lemon zest
– 1/2 cup solid coconut oil
– 2/3 cup almond milk
– 2 tbs maple syrup
Instructions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Combine flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking powder in a kitchen mixer.
2. Add lavender and lemon zest.
3. Add coconut oil slowly to mix in.
4. Lastly add almond milk and maple syrup, and just combine.
5. Make 2 large balls of dough, and split each large ball into 6 smaller ones, just round scone shaped.
6. Bake for about 12 min. If they start to get brown remove from the oven.
Serve immediately or the next day, slightly warmed. Serve with your favorite fruit preserves or honey and earth balance 😉 Enjoy!