Moment of truth here- until recently, I have almost always overcooked or undercooked asparagus… Yes really. And I decided to do something about it! Because asparagus is back in season and I love it 🙂 So bring it on, St. Patrick’s Day and signs of spring here we go!
Best ways to eat asparagus:
1. On it’s own- raw will give you the most health benefit and yes, it is that delicious
2. As a cooked side with oven cooked salmon, garlic & lemon
3. Chopped in a salad with beets, hard boiled eggs, greens, and a lemon/feta dressing
Instructions for cooking asparagus- to perfection!
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Cut off the ends of the asparagus stems
3. Lay them out (not on top of each other) on a foil wrapped baking pan
4. Lightly drizzle about 2 tbs olive oil over them, and salt and pepper to taste
5. Cook for about 20 min, check on them. If they need more time (ie are still super firm) leave them in for an additional 5 min.
They will come out crisp, not soggy, and deeelicious!!! You will start to see them everywhere now, so enjoy 🙂