One of my favorite dinners, perfect for a Friday evening 😉 On the menu- Mediterranean style zucchini noodles (zoodles), chicken, and mashed cauliflower… yummmm! Recipes below;) Happy weekend all!
– 1/2 lb chicken strips
– 1 large peeled zucchini
– 1 diced tomato
– 1/4 cup olive tapenade (or chopped olives & caper mix)
– 1 large cauliflower
– 1 tbs garlic paste (or smashed garlic mixed with a bit of olive oil)
– 1 tbs earth balance
– 1 tbs olive oil
– salt & pepper
Instructions for Cauliflower Mash:
1. Chop cauliflower into equal size pieces, boil in a large pot of salted water for about 8 min.
2. When cauliflower is slightly springy to the touch, but not hard, remove from pot and drain in a pasta strainer.
3. Return to pan with garlic paste and earth balance. Using an immersion blender (or you can put this all in a food processor), blend cauliflower into a mash. Add salt and pepper to taste, and voila!
Instructions for Zoodles & Chicken:
1. In large non-stick pan, lightly spray with canola oil. Salt & pepper chicken strips and set in pan, covered on medium heat for about 4 minutes. Flip them over and pan-fry for another 4 minutes covered.
2. While chicken cooks, spiralize zucchini and set aside.
3. When chicken starts to brown , it is ready. Remove chicken from pan, and cut into smaller pieces.
4. Reduce pan to med-low heat, add tomato to pan to cook for a couple of minutes.
5. When tomatoes start to soften, add chicken back in, along with zoodles and olive tapenade.
6. Stir for a couple of minutes, and zoodles will be ready! Remove them immediately and serve (or else they get soggy).