Super easy and wonderfully delicious pancake recipe! I love buckwheat, it comes from a fruit seed, and is in the same family as quinoa- which makes it gluten free and super nutritious. It has wonderful benefits including high fiber, rich in minerals, and can help lower cholesterol and improve heart health to name a few! I love it in my pancakes and came up with this recipe with some added fruit to make it super yummy 🙂
Banana Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes (yield 6 pancakes)
– 2/3 cup buckwheat pancake mix < OR > 1 cup buckwheat flour with 1 tsp baking powder
– 3/4 cup almond milk
– 2 tsp coconut oil
– 1 smashed ripe banana
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup blueberries (can be fresh or frozen)
1. Combine flour, milk, and oil. Mix well.
2. In a separate container, mix smashed banana with egg.
3. Combine mixtures.
4. Fold in blueberries gently so they don’t explode.
5. Heat stovetop to medium-high heat and spoon batter onto a flat nonstick surface (pancake griddle pan if you have).
6. Let cook about 2 min on each side. Top with your favorite maple syrup, Enjoy!