Got the February blues?? Co-workers walking around sniffling and sneezing? People suddenly MIA and disappearing from sight for a few days? And then you start to feel it… the sore throat, nose dripping… ewww it looks like flu season February!
I myself have started to feel under the weather today, it could be overwork lately, all the traveling, or just straight up cold/flu finally catching me. I do believe that sometimes, if we catch it at the right time, and the right combination of factors, there are a few good tips that can help get through that “start to feel sick feeling.” Other times, if you get full on sick, I wish you well and hope these tips can help you get through it a bit less painfully!
- All hail the “ELIXIR” – I have listed this before on the blog as a Vitamin C and immunity booster, but the past few times I have used it, it saved me! So now I call it “ELIXIR” … how appropriate right? Ha, well try it! Recipe here. Try it! You may have already seen a few versions of this floating around the internet. I recommend making it the day you start to feel under the weather, and then taking it 2-3 times a day in a mug of boiling water until you feel better.
- Get. Some. Rest. – totally underused, and critical if you think you’re getting sick. Cancel those plans to get drinks, go home, get in your jammies, and snuggle with your favorite blanket, Sex and the City reruns, and ELIXIR (I’m going to keep calling it that… because it is oh so magical!).
- Fluid up. Like seriously! You need it, drink lots of water, coconut water and nuun/hydration tabs for electrolytes. Your body needs it most at this time.
- Avoid over-exertion until you are better: That means do what it takes to feel good. Rest, relax, reschedule. If you overdo it, you can get full on sick and it’s so not worth it. Or if you are already sick and overdo it, recovery time will be wayyy longer and not fun!
- Aromatherapy… seriously! Light those candles, spread lavender scents, or any other aromatic oils that calm and relax you. Relaxed environment is also critical for healing/getting better.
- Positivity! As always 🙂 Think positive, relaxing, and healing thoughts… don’t drown in your negative feelings, mentally uplift and focus on the good (i.e. taking time to relax, catch up on your shows, taking a “me” day)
- Ibuprofen: Not my first go-to as I try to keep things homeopathic and holistic, but taking this when I have to really be high functioning in the world- aka work and training- really helps me get through and heal faster (in forms of advil, motrin, or DayQuil). Always consult your doctor if you have concerns or questions about medications, even over the counters!
Now I’m going to snuggle up with Elixir and Bravo TV… try to nip this in the bud. Feel better folks!