Yes I am SO on this sweet potato kick! This is recipe number 2 in my “Japanese Sweet Potatoes 3 Ways” coming soon. So I have done the chocolaty sweet potato recipe before with brownies, but I was really craving something more pudding-like last night and thought, hey why can’t I make a sweet potato pudding? And voila! So here’s the recipe, super simple and scrrrrumptious! Try it for your friends or loved one on Valentine’s day! And then tell them it’s healthy- haha
Sweet Potato Chocolate Pudding (yields about 4 1/2 cup servings)
– 1 large sweet potato (I used a Japanese sweet potato but you can pretty much use any kind for this recipe)- 1/2 cup almond milk
– 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
– 1/3 cup maple syrup
– 1 tsp vanilla
1. Cut the sweet potato into 4 large chunks, steam in microwave. The steaming step can vary, I used the microwave and covered my sweet potatoes with a plastic cover so they would steam well
2. Once sweet potatoes are cool, peel them and mash them with a fork
3. Blend all ingredients in a food processor, pausing occasionally to scrape the sides down for an even consistency
4. Check the taste, if you want it sweeter, add more maple syrup. If you want a chocolatey-er consistency, add cacao powder.
5. Sprinkle with cacao nibs and any other topping you desire, and voila! Some other ideas for toppings: coconut whipped cream, strawberries, raspberries 🙂 Enjoy!