Grain free, gluten free, veggie loaded Mac n’ Cheese… Sound too good to be true? Try it!
– 1/2 head of large cauliflower (or use a whole small one)
– 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
– 1 package meat-free veggie crumbles (I like the quorn brand or gardein)
– 1 box quinoa pasta
– 1 cup shredded cheddar (or daiya to make it vegan)
– 1 cup milk of your choice
– 1/4 cup parmesean
– 2 tbs earth balance
– salt, pepper & nutmeg to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Cook pasta according to instructions on the package
3) Chop cauliflower into pieces approx the size of the pasta and boil for about 3-4 minutes, until tender
4) While pasta & cauliflower are boiling, in a large saucepan bring milk and cheese to a boil. Add earth balance and reduce to simmer. Add corn, meatless crumbles, salt, pepper and nutmeg, cover and reduce to simmer. 5) When pasta and cauliflower are ready, place in a large, deep baking pan. Cover with cheese sauce, mix through. Add parmesean on top.
6) Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes (add foil cover if you want softer Mac n Cheese, uncovered makes it a bit crispy on top which I love!)
7) Let cool slightly and enjoy!
This is a great meal for leftovers also and to bring for lunch at work, school, etc 😉